Michigan State, Ohio State and Purdue Earn Weekly Volleyball Awards Michigan State’s Kabengele, Ohio State’s Murr and Purdue’s Bush and Cleveland earn weekly honors
Player of the Week
Grace Cleveland, Purdue
OH – So. – Bloomington, Ill. – Normal Community
• Led the Boilermakers to a 4-0 weekend, that saw Purdue out hit their opponents .322 percent to .171 percent on 214 kills to 171 kills
• Averaged 3.9 kills per set and a .344 hitting percentage, recording 15 kills in No. 21 Purdue’s defeat of No. 16 Kentucky and a career-best 25 kills against Eastern Michigan
• Also posted 19 digs, averaging 1.3 per set and 16 total blocks, averaging â€‘â€‘ per set
• Garners her first career Player of the Week decoration
• Last Purdue Player of the Week: Sherridan Atkinson (Oct. 29, 2018)
Defensive Player and Co-Freshman of the Week
Kylie Murr, Ohio State
DS – Fr. – Yorktown, Ind. – Yorktown
• Helped Ohio State claim the Buckeye Invitational title finishing 3-0 over the weekend averaging 5.36 digs per set
• Finished the weekend with a .969 reception percentage marking only two errors on 64 attempts
• Named to the All-Tournament team and honored as tournament MVP
• Collects her first career Defensive Player and Freshman of the Week accolade
• Last Ohio State Defensive Player of the Week: Hannah Gruensfelder (Sept. 10, 2018)
• Last Ohio State Freshman of the Week: Hannah Gruensfelder (Sept. 11, 2017)
Setter of the Week
Hayley Bush, Purdue
S – So. – Union, Ky. – Ryle
• Guided No. 21 Purdue to a 4-0 weekend registering 167 assists, averaging 11.13 helpers per set
• Tallied 50+ assist performances and double-doubles in Purdue's wins over No. 16 Kentucky and Eastern Michigan
• Directed the Boilermakers to three matches with a .304 or better hitting percentage, including a season-best .548 performance against Texas A&M – Corpus Christi
• Receives her first career Setter of the Week award
• Last Purdue Setter of the Week: Ashley Evans (Nov. 27, 2017)
Co-Freshman of the Week
Biamba Kabengele, Michigan State
OH – Burlington, Ontario – Corpus Christi Catholic
• Averaged 3.64 kills per set hitting .333 percent for the Spartans over the weekend
• Named to the All-Tournament team after establishing a new career-best with 18 kills against IUPUI and 15 kills against Auburn
• Receives her first career Freshman of the Week honor
• Last Michigan State Freshman of the Week: Alyssa Garvelink (Dec. 1, 2014)
PEORIA, Ill. -- Sept. 8- Mackenzie Schneider recorded eight kills, hitting .318, plus seven digs and seven service aces, tying the school record, as the Oakland volleyball team completed a five-set, come-from-behind win over Belmont Saturday at the CEFCU Bradley Invite.
Brittany Welch led all players with 18 kills, and added nine digs and three blocks.
Abby Neidinger recorded a career high 16 kills and a .406 hitting percentage. Also registering double digit kills was Jamie Walling with 13.
Lindsay Wightman (16), Madison Ross (14) and Katelyn Johnson (10) each recorded double digit digs, while Megan Hobler and Jessica Reidl each led Oakland with five blocks. Hobler was named to the all-tournament team after a stellar defensive outing on the weekend, recording 18 total blocks, good for 1.38 blocks per set, in the three matches.
The Golden Grizzlies (4-2) will return to action on Sept. 10 with a home match against Bowling Green.